Gill & Peter Eason | Awakening Community Spirit
On today’s pod, Episode # 12, we welcome a very awesome empty nester couple. This couple led a very successful business, in the mining town of Singleton, contributing regularly to the community. Now in their 60s, they have led lives filled with much adventure, learning and service: Gill & Peter Eason
Gill and Peter are a true beacon of light for community service, lighting a flame in my own heart for contribution to community. Gill has a heart of gold, serving unconditionally and always with a big smile on her face. Peter is a man, fitter than most 20 year olds, who is always up for the next adventure, and a master storyteller who had us in fits of laughter.
It is an honour to have Gill & Peter as our guests, a couple who encompass exactly what is important to live a fulfilling life, plenty of experiences and adventure, committed contribution and uplifting connection with their community, consistent learning and a good dose of humour.
Their spirit will inspire you. Enjoy.
In This Episode Find out:
- Moving house with a 6-week old and a 2 year old (05:40)
- The house that Pete built (06:00)
- The new home search that took only 3 days (9:15)
- Contributing to the community (14:30)
- “Don’t try this at home!” (20:26)
- The safest thing you can do in the air... (21:46)
- “We are going to Everest.” (25:20)
- Gratitude for the monastery visit with a Rinpoche (30:30)
- Trekking in Tasmania (32:30)
- Mental growth (36:45)
- What to do when you hit roadblocks (44:20)
Connect with Pete & Gill:
Through us, The Dream Architects, Michelle and Mark at email@example.com
Mentioned in podcast:
'Blaze Aid' - A volunteer-based organisation that works with families and individuals in rural Australia after natural disasters such as fires and floods.